2014/08/25

Announcing the 30-day #adayinamoment Challenge

I have a special announcement for you today! I'm so excited about this, I'm almost holding my breath! I'm starting a new 30-day phone-photography challenge called "A day in a moment", and you can all join in.

The idea for this challenge came to me when I was browsing on Instagram one day, and envying all the candid moments others seem to be so effortlessly capturing. For me, it’s so easy to fall into a routine and just let the days flow by. I hardly ever take pictures with my phone. I take a lot of photos with my DSLR for the blog, but I find myself missing a lot of moments because I don't have my camera with me.

The aim of the challenge is to capture more special everyday moments and improve my phone-photography skills. I think every day has moments that are worth remembering. Maybe it’s that kiss your husband gave you this morning, or the way your kid came and hugged you, or how pretty those flowers look on your window. These are things to remember. So, this is a challenge to find the extraordinary in an ordinary day. 


If you are also struggling with phone-photography, or feeling that you're not capturing the beautiful moments of everyday life, then join in on this challenge. To participate, just snap at least 1 photo every day of a memorable moment with your phone and share it on a social media outlet with the hashtag #adayinamoment. I'm sharing mine on IG, because I really want to use that outlet more than I am now, but you could also use Facebook, or Twitter, or Google+, whatever you like best. Of course, you can post more than one a day, but the idea is to snap a photo a day that captures your mood, an emotion, or a moment on that day that you'd like to remember.

I took the ABM self-portrait challenge last year (you can find those posts here), and it taught me so much about myself and really developed my photography skills, so I'm super excited to start this new (somewhat scary) challenge.

I hope you'll join me! At the end of 30 days I'll have a special prize for one of the participants.

So, who's in?
xo Hanna

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Ah, miks ka mitte, ma olen kambas! Algus on homsest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alustada võib ju millal iganes tegelikult, aga auhinna loosin ma välja 30.september, et kõigile kes soovivad oleks veel sel nädalal alustades võimalik osa võtta.

      Delete
  2. ok why not !
    I'm big fan of your blog and love your ideas so I am in :D
    I'll post on Instagram too my id: @yusra_Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home