2014/08/12

Super simple dotted t-shirt DIY

Hi, guys! You can barely call this a tutorial, but since I've been on a fabric paint crush lately, I thought I'd share this t-shirt experiment with you. It's one of those I-have-10-minutes-to-make-something kind of things. It's super simple and very fast, so if you have a t-shirt you'd like to update, give it a try.
I found this t-shirt at home and wasn't too excited about it. I knew it needed a little face-lift. I did this makeover in July on a day I really needed a change from cutting out and clueing together wedding decor. But, I didn't want to spare too much precious time doing something non-wedding-related, so I thought I'd play around with my new love of fabric paint for 15 minutes. This is what I did:
All you need is some fabric paint in your color of choice and an old wine cork as a stamp for the dots. The process itself was super simple. Simply lay out your t-shirt and place a plastic bag inside, so that the paint won't run through to the backside. And, dot away! I did my dots in a completely random pattern, but you could use a ruler to mark the place of the dots with small dots first to space them evenly.
Although I wouldn't call this my favorite t-shirt, I do like it a lot more now. I'm thinking about covering the whole t-shirt in dots. What do you think? Cover it in dots, or leave as is? Let me know in the comments!

xo Hanna

Credits // Author: Hanna Saar // Photography: Hanna Saar and Rein Saar

3 comments:

  1. Very nice idea! Next time try using potato, it leave a cute print too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought about using a potato, but since I was going to do a simple dotted print, the wine work was simply easier, and also left a print of its own :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home