2012/09/27

Experiments in upcycling

I've been experimenting with different upcycling projects and designs in the past week. I feel the need to redesign pre-used materials. I love working with used materials, because they already have a certain form and a character. Their condition can sometimes limit the possibilities of design, but that just makes the process more rewarding, more exciting.


I have a bunch of vintage ties that have been waiting for me to figure out what their second life should be. And I think I finally figured it out. It took me a while, a little experimentation and some trail and error. But, bow belts it is!


I figured out a one-piece design, so I don't have to cut into the tie at any point. I think it's pretty cute. I'm considering creating 4-5 of these and adding them to the shop, but I'm really not sure. I would really appreciate Your feedback at this point.

What do you think? Would you wear it?

11 comments:

  1. Mulle väga meeldib!
    Liis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, looks very vogue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks super cute!! You should definitely list a few of them on Etsy and see how they do - unique belts are such a trend right now, I think they'll do well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input! I'm starting to think I might just do that :)

      Delete
  4. Great idea Hanna! I agree with @Kerry - you should definitely think about putting these in your shop!

    :)

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! :)
    Could you decribe how did you make it? I'd love to try it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping it a trade secret for now :). Maybe I'll share the design at some point in the future.

      Delete
  6. Väga ilus! Ja ma olen kindel, et oleks su poes tõeline hitt :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home