2012/09/10

Refashionista: Zipper Tee Tutorial (from H.E.R. archives)


Today I'd like to share a quick and easy refashion idea from H.E.R. (my previous blog) archives. This is another perfect beginners project. It's super easy,cheap, and you can whip it up in half an hour. And, you don't have to be sewing savvy. All it needs is strait seams that you can do by hand if you don't have a machine.

Be sure click "read more" to see the full tutorial.







You need:
  • a t-shirt
  • zippers - as many as you like; I used 7
  • sewing machine - optional, you can sew them on by hand also
  • pins
  • a ruler


1. Select your zippers and arrange them the way you want. Pin the zippers to the t-shirt. I used a ruler to assist me. Put the ruler inside the t-shirt under the zipper you are pinning. This helps to keep the zipper in place and prevents you from pinning through both layers of the shirt.



3. Sew the zipper into place, remove pins, and your done.
If you have any questions, ask them in the comments and I'll try to explain further. Have fun updating your wardrobe!


As always, happy to hear what you have to say about this project. Also, if you try it out for yourself and blog about it, let me know in the comments so I can check it out. Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for reposting this! We just featured it on our Facebook account. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Emmeline! I'm quite happy with my choice as well :)

      Delete
  3. I love it so much :-) So simple and so creative! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanna: I love the look and just found the
    cutest lace zippers on Etsy in all sorts of
    colors and am going to grab a handfull and
    fix up some tees for spring! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lace zipper sound super cute! Happy crafting!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home