2012/09/23

Sunday Spirit: Pancake recipe

Sundays are pancake days at our house as you already know. When I first posted about it, Denysia asked for a my pancake recipe. Well, I discovered it's not that easy to put down a recipe that you don't have. I learned my way of making pancakes from my Mom and then over the years it has naturally evolved into my own kind of making. I've never used a recipe and I never measure any of my ingredients. So, this morning I started making pancakes and for the first time measured everything so I could share my recipe with you.

The process is very simple. Take a big bowl, add eggs, salt and sugar and whisk them together (I use a mixer). Then add the liquids and the flour. Whisk some more, until there are no lumps in the batter. Taste and add more sugar if you'd like, the vanilla sugar is also optional. Add a dash of oil to the batter (this is supposed the decrease the amount of oil needed for frying).
Heat your pan, add oil and start frying. I usually make big pancakes, so-called over-pan pancakes, which actually just means I cover the whole pan evenly with a thin layer of batter. Fry both sides until golden. Easy peasy!

My favorites at the moment are pancakes with caramelized apple and pear slices and honey (like in the picture above). My other half prefers such exotic mixes as honey-cheese-salami or apple jam-cheese-ham pancakes.

And of course have a tea or a cup of good coffee with you pancakes.


Happy Sunday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. This looks sooo yummy! Stopping by from B&D blog hop.. Cute blog.. love your diy's .. I am your newest follower via bloglovin..
    Hope you stop by and share some of your crafty goodness at my Pink Hippo Party tomorrow @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amie! I will sure be keeping you in mind and stopping by tomorrow then. Thanks!

      xo Hanna

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home