2012/11/14

My Style: Navy+black

Sweater: refashioned / Navy blouse: recent thrift store find / Trousers: H&M / Belt: Tally Weijl / Earrings and necklace: gift
I declared a while back that I was taking on a quest to define my personal style. I think it's about time for an update.

This is one of my favorite outfits recently. I wore it to a school recital and felt put together, comfortable and, most importantly, confident. I've started to focus more on how something makes me feel. I've been analyzing almost all my daily outfits - what do I like about it? what don't I like about it? how does it make me feel? I'm beginning to get a better idea of what sort of outfits make me feel good about myself, and which ones don't.


I've also done a couple of body image exercises based on my psychology studies. It's a little bit like getting reacquainted with yourself. I believe you can't be truly confident without loving yourself from head to toe. Loving every bit of your imperfect self. We are all imperfect, that's what makes us human. Knowing our best features and how to highlight them is so much more important than having the "perfect" body shape.


So, what do I love about this outfit? I love the way the blue blouse brings out my blue eyes. I love how the narrow belt accentuates my waist. I love that it looks classical, elegant, but not over-done. And I love how the length of the sweater (where it hits me) elongates my legs.

2 comments:

  1. Black and navy will always be one of my favorite color combinations. And you pull it off so well. Loved seeing a daily outfit post, Hanna! You are too adorable!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Callie, you are so sweet! I'd do more daily outfit posts, but I'm at school all day most days. I'll try to squeeze some in from time to time.

      xo Hanna

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home