2012/11/04

Sunday Spirit: Shut down and restart


This week has been a little bit rough for me. I had some health problems that kept me away from singing for almost 2 weeks. I took some days off from school to recuperate, and most of that time was spent working on the blog and the shop. I love working on the blog and the shop and I love going to school. I love it all so much, that it's hard for me to stop and relax. My thoughts are constantly overflowing with ideas for new projects, or to-do lists for school, or what my next move with the business will be. When, really, I should be taking time to breath out, shut down, and then restart again.


Read a good book, watch a movie, have a cup of tee and relax. Sometimes that's all it takes. I have to remind myself that from time to time. The funny thing is, once I've allowed myself to take some time to "slack off", I feel even more creative and productive.


I looked at all the photos from this summer and it made me miss summer. Not only because of the weather, but also because of the feeling. The feeling of having freedom and time to enjoy. I wish I could hold on to that feeling for the rest of the year.

I hope you've all had a wonderful, energizing weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hanna, it's good to hear you're feeling better...sometimes there's no better medicine than a little bit of rest and relaxation. Over the last few months I've tried to put taking care of myself as the number one priority, even if it means that things get done more slowly. I had been feeling constantly burnt out and tired for a long while and I realized that if I keep going and don't take care of myself, in the end I'll battle with more serious problems and then things won't get done at all.

    But I agree with you, while it's easy to stop and relax physically, it's much harder to slow down your mind and ideas.

    Hope you've had a lovely weekend regardless, and wishing you a great, healthy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful comment, Ana! I'm feeling much better. A little bit of rest was just what the doctor ordered. I totally agree that taking care of yourself should come first, but sometimes it's harder to do when you're feeling over-whelmed with work. I hope I can keep that in mind from now on and take better care of myself.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you haven't been well Hanna. I agree with Ana - sometimes there is nothing better than rest and relaxation to give your body and mind maximum chance to heal.

    I've become a big fan of letting my pace of life slow down during those times I'm feeling unwell. It goes against my go-go-go attitude, but I've learnt taking it easy helps my body heal quicker.

    Keep enjoying your freedom - it's still there - you might just have to look for it :)

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling so much better and had a wonderful Monday on top of that! I appreciate your kind thoughts.

      I guess Mom was right like always - just a few days of rest and I'm as good as new. Even got to sing today :).

      xo Hanna

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home