2012/11/12

Refashionista: Flower embellished cardigan




Another tutorial form my previous blog. This is one of those refashions that I just love love love, and I've worn this cardigan a lot after the refashion. So naturally, I just had to share it with you.

I'm sure you've noticed that almost everything I do has a romantic vibe. I'm a sucker for floral details and pearls and other such girly stuff. This one is no exception.

Be sure to click "read more" for the tutorial.

Here's the how to:


1. Cut the sleeve into three (as shown above). Remove the ribbed part, then cut the sleeve as short as you'd like it to be minus the length of the ribbed portion. Attach part 1 to part 3 either with your serger/overlocker or using a zig-zag stitch on your regular sewing machine.



2. Cut the middle part of the sleeve open. To make the flowers use three cups/glasses of different size to cut circles from the material. I cut 6 or 7 circles in each size, but if you want a thicker flower you can cut as much as the material lets you. 


3.You can then either fold the circles and stack them 2x2x2 (left-hand picture above) or just choose 2 from every size and stack them in a random manner (right-hand picture). Sew pearls in the center of the flower and attach them to the cardigan by hand.


I'll be back tomorrow with a special giveaway from a fabulous Etsy shop. See ya!

6 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! I have 30 cardigans in my closet and I'm always looking for fun ways to spice them up...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This looks great - but I can't seem to find the rest of the tutorial. Could you repost the link to the full tutorial? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to see the full tutorial once you've clicked on the post.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home