2013/04/03

Inspiration: My tulle skirt in progress

Today I found some time to mess with my tulle skirt. I've mentioned it in this previous post. Making of the upper layer has taken me so much time that I decided to  finish the skirt someday later.. and "later" has been already for 2 years! So now it is time to complete it, because looks like the tulle skirt trend has returned.



The upper layer is made of pieces like this..and making each of it takes a lot of time!


Today I started making the underskirt. It is just two equal pieces of fabric sewn together. 


I'm putting some gathered tulle in the end of it..


The underskirt is ready. It doesn't look very good, but there is going to be layers and layers of tulle between it and the upper layer, so you really can't see it in the end.
Stay tuned for the next step!





1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how it's going to be in the end! I'm sure it'll look super cute on you :) There was a time I felt a strong urge to make myself a tulle skirt but I know that it wouldn't look flattering on me as I'm not a petite lady... well, there are lots of great sewing projects - I can always find a skirt suitable for my body shape :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home