2013/04/06

Inspiration: My tulle skirt in progress

Making this tulle skirt of mine is quite puzzling, so I hope that you don't mind that I'm doing two more posts about it! Here you can see where I made it on the last time..


Today  started making the layers between the upper ruffled part and the underskirt. For the start I took my huge piece of tulle, folded it many times and cut it into several triangles. (My kitty was very helpful) 


The triangular shapes didn't come out as great as I hoped, because the tulle was really rumpled. So I had to reshape each piece anyway..


Then I sewed the triangles together..


Then I gathered it slightly and attached to the underskirt.


Then I made second layer and attached it too.


I Sewed the tulle layers about 6 cm away from the edge, so I could place the elastic band there later. This is going to be the tricky part, so you'll see it in the next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home