2013/04/22

Refashionista: Cardigan into knitted top


This cardigan has been sitting in my to-refashion pile for ages. It was really cute and had a fun sparkle in the knit, but the front button plackets were shrunken and fitted really badly. I couldn't figure out how to make it work until I realized I didn't have to. I made it into a knitted top instead.



I used basically the same method as in this tutorial. I also cut off the button plackets and sewed the front shut. I opted for simple bows instead of the flowers.



To make the bows, I cut 6 circles, folded them twice, and placed a pair of them as a bow. I sewed a square bead in the center and used invisible thread to secure the bows to the top so they would lay flat.


I'm very happy with the way it turned out! It's cute, yet simple - perfect for wearing with a skirt. It's also just warm enough for  spring, when a t-shirt is too little, but a sweater is too much.


5 comments:

  1. I like it much better this way! You made it very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arielle! Me too :) Sometimes you have to make radical changes to make something wearable.

      Delete
  2. It's so sweet! The cardigan's color and its new shape match perfectly to eachother <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home