2013/01/04

Curling without heat 2.0


You've probably seen this curling tutorial around the blogosphere, since it's been quite the hit lately. Curling your hair by twisting strands of hair around an elastic headband is really easy and sufficient, but if you have really thick hair like my friend Anneliis (here's a previous tutorial with her to give you and estimate how thick her hair really is), you might find it tricky to get all your hair around one tiny elastic band and get the results you're looking for.


I wanted to try and make this method work on Anneliis' hair. That meant doing a little modification to the standard technique. Instead of using one elastic band, we used two. Here's how:






Cheers to the bold girl without any make-up!
As you can see, we divided her hair into two. We did the lower portion first and the upper portion second, so secure the upper portion into a bun and work the lower half just like in the video tutorial linked before the fold. After that's done, free the upper portion and repeat the whole process with that part of hair.
Even with two layers, it was still hard to get all her hair around the elastic. I attached the ends with some bobby pins to secure them and stop the strands from unraveling. Another tip: let the hair dry almost completely before starting as the layers are still fairly thick and might not dry properly.

The result was even better than expected, she had such beautiful curls in the morning. We did a big photoshoot today, so more great shots coming soon!

6 comments:

  1. You said the best thing..No heat...I'm sold, I'll try it! I'm going to pin your post for my next big day!! =) Thank you!!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she doesn't need any make-up! Lovely - perfect idea for someone like me who has way too much hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anneliis says thanks for the compliment! I guess there are too few tutorials for thick hair out there, so I'm glad I could help.

      Delete
  3. I love this! I can't wait to try it:) Thanks for sharing the video.

    annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to try this! My hair is impossible to curl without heat but fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home