2014/09/04

DIY Golden Table Numbers

Our wedding was very much a handmade one. From my dress to the wedding favors - everything was DIY. Since I made a lot of the decor myself, I thought I'd share a few of the DIYs here on the blog as well. So, today I'll be sharing the making of our glittery golden table numbers.
 I tried to keep all of our wedding decor in the our chosen color-way of navy blue, pale pink and golden, and my other rule was to use as much recycled materials and my existing stash as possible. So, the golden table numbers were sort of a no-brainer. I already had the cardboard, the glitter glue and the glitter, and I knew I wanted to make simple table numbers that could be attached to the vases.

If you'd like to make your own glittery table numbers, here's what you need:
1) cardboard
2) round bowl
3) pencil and scissors
4) golden glitter glue and a paint brush
5) golden glitter
6) paper and printer (optional)
7) acrylic paint
8) golden rope

Step 1
Trace circles on the cardboard using a small bowl and pencil. Cut out the circles.
Step 2
First cover the circle with glitter glue, and then with regular glitter. Let it dry completely, then use hairspray or clear lacquer to set the glitter. Let dry again and then put them between some heavy books to flatten them.
Step 3
Print out your numbers, or draw them on a paper. Cover the paper with adhesive plastic to prevent the paint from running through the paper. Cut out the numbers. Prevent my mistake, and leave small connections between the outer line and the inner part of the number (like and 8, 4, 0).
Step 3
Use the number stencil to paint numbers on the circles. Just place the number in the center of the circle and paint carefully inside the stencil using a brush and some acrylic paint. Afterwards you can touch up the edges. Let dry.

Step 4
I used golden rope to attach the numbers to the vases. Just cut the rope to size, punch two holes and put the rope through from back to front and tie some knot to the ends of the rope. And done!
I love our table numbers. It was one of my favorite projects for the wedding. I hope you like them, too.

Thanks for letting me share!
xo Hanna

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Such lovely table numbers :-) The gold goes very nicely with the dark blue vases.

    Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In all honesty, the vases should've been musch darker, but the color didn't come out as it was shown on the container. That happens sometimes, but what can you do.

      Delete
  2. Very cute! Love the color palate :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home