2012/10/05

How to combine a French braid and a Fishtail braid


While I was doing my hair for the last photo shoot for the blog, I was thinking of new ways to braid my hair using the same old techniques. I came up with this French braid and fishtail braid combination and wanted to share a closer look at it with you as well. Once you've mastered the basics of braiding there are hundreds of possibilities to combine them into pretty hairdos.


Here are the steps to recreate this look:

1) Braid your bangs (using this or this tutorial) up to your ears, then braid the tail until the end and fasten with a clear elastic.
2) Gather all your hair into a side ponytail and fasten. Braid the ponytail fishtail style (a good tutorial here). Pull here and there to add a little messiness and fluff to the braid.
3) Twist the bangs' braid around the ponytail and fasten with a bobby pin.

What's your favorite way of braiding your hair? Do you combine different techniques or usually use just one? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home