2012/10/01

Refashionista: Upcycled tank top


Today I'm sharing another total reconstruction refashion. Every once in a while I use pre-loved clothing just for the material. I love a simple refashion any day, but sometimes a more radical change is in order. Like I showed you last Monday as well.

This beautiful long-sleeved tee was actually in very good shape and someone could have easily worn it, but its previous owner had grown tired of it (as we all do eventually) and gave it to me. I loved the material from the first touch, but it took me a while to figure out what to make out of it. Until one day the light went on and I turned it into a tank top.


I use the simple Burda tank top pattern again (I think it's my most used pattern ever). I added the cut out heart detail for visual interest and cuteness (tutorial here).


I made the back of the tank, the binding and the bottom edge out of the tee and used a jersey knit from my stash in complimentary color for the front piece. You could also use another used t-shirt to harvest the fron piece fabric from.

That's the refashion inspiration for today! I also have a very cool and useful upcycling project for you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home