2012/10/21

Sunday Spirit: 'Tis the last rose of the summer...


Snapping a picture of the last roses on my Mom's flowerbed reminded me of the song "'Tis the last rose of summer" I heard a while ago sung by my lovely friend Ann. I love summer and I miss it already. A lot of people say that autumn is their favorite time of year. But not for me, I'm a summer person. None the less, there's something to the colors of autumn.


The whole family was home this weekend. That rarely happens lately, so it was really nice to get together. We helped Mom with pulling out the carrots and cleaning them. It's been a while since I've been outside in the fresh air for so long. Oh, how I love the countryside! Too bad I have to go back to the city tomorrow already.

What have you been up to this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard the song, but I love the meaning imagery of the entire thing. A little sad, a little romantic. The pictures are lovely and make me excited that autumn is finally here! I got to spend this weekend with family as well - such a treat!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time with family and friends is the greatest. I'm having Monday off and we had sunshine today after a week of rain and clouds. It was bliss!

      Delete
  2. Mulle muidu sügis eriti ei meeldi, aga nendel piltidel on sügise värvid kuidagi nii mõnusad ja maalähedased- sellised pruunikad-kollakad-oranžikad, mis mulle ju tegelikult meeldivad. Selline naturaalne värk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sa oled esimene inimene, kes ütleb, et talle ei meeldi see aastaaeg, mil ta sündinud on. Päikesepaistelised sügisilmad nagu täna on tegelikult päris ilusad. Kui nad vaid sama kaua kestaksid kui suvepäevad..

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home