2012/10/22

Refashionista: Black suit jacket transformation


This project was a custom order from a client through Etsy. I finished it a few months ago already, but I   really wanted to share it with you because I love it so much, and because my client loved it as well.

Her wish was to have a coordinating jacket for these trousers she bought from my shop earlier.


I only had scraps of this fabric left so a full on jacket would have been impossible to make. I think the pattern would have been a little bit much as a full suit anyways. So, we discussed it and agreed on a black jacket base with details in the trouser fabric. She even agreed to a second hand jacket refashion. As my business was upcycled clothing, making something new from old was very important for me.




You can see a few steps of the refashion process above. I decided to go with a more modern cropped sleeve and a much shorter length. And I added the details as discussed.




I think it turned out pretty great. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how this turned out, Hanna! It completely uplifted and changed the jacket. And those pants are pretty wonderful as well. The accent fabric is so fun and unexpected.

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Callie! I think this is a great example of how you can make a suit without having to master sewing the jacket on your own. It's still custom made for/by you.

      Delete
  2. While reading this and watching the pictures I had the exact same beginning in my head: "I absolutely love". I absolutely love the jacket! I think it's even better like this than if it were overall the same material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I completely agree :D! I think the print of the fabric is too busy to make into a full suit. the Black balances the pattern, highlighting the black suede ornaments on the fabric. Sometimes less is more.

      Delete
  3. I think this is a great job! Far better than an jacket of same material.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home