2012/10/31

Wardrobe Reinvention: 3 ways to wear a knit maxi skirt


Time to reinvent the wardrobe again! This time I'm taking a shimmering knit maxi skirt I thrifted ages ago and show you 3 different ways to wear it.


In this first outfit I'm wearing the skirt the original way as a maxi skirt. I paired it with a loose fit top and  a narrow belt to bring out my best features. What I love about this outfit is that I can dress it up or down with very small changes. I could add a little sparkly jewelry to dress it up or add a simple jacket/cardigan and flats to dress it down. I also love that this outfit draws attention to all my best features - my long neck and tiny waist.


In the second outfit I'm wearing the skirt as a dress. Knit skirts are especially comfortable this way. I added a refashioned cardigan and a wide vintage belt. I can see myself wearing this outfit to see a concert or a play. I think it's perfect for an evening date.


This one is actually my personal favorite look of the three. Here I'm wearing both garments from the first outfit, but the look couldn't be more different. This time I'm using the skirt as an infinity scarf. I paired the blouse with my new skinnies and a very very old simple black shirt. I actually haven't worn that shirt in a couple of years, so it was great to find use for it again. I guess limited resources do lead to more creativity - the only reason I used the shirt is 'cause I was taking these photos at my parents' and I didn't have anything else.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the dull faces - it was morning, I was sleepy, that's all.

Which outfit is your favorite? What kind of faces do you do in the mornings? As always, I love hearing from you in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. What creative ideas you have, would never have thought of the infinity scarf use. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dagmar! I'm glad you got a new idea you an maybe apply to your own wardrobe.

      Delete
  2. How fun, love this idea of reinventing one outfit in three different ways :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TJ! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love the reinvention series as well, because they have taught me so much about my personal style and pushed me to find new ways to were what I already have.

      Delete
  3. I would never think to wear it as a scarf - awesome idea!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I hope you can apply it to your own wardrobe as well.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home