2012/10/15

Refashionista: Men's T-shirt into Workout Tank


We all have them stashed somewhere. Old boyfriend's/Dad's/brother's t-shirts. But sometimes they can provide you with great material to refashion. The idea is simple - take a t-shirt, cut it into a tank and you've got yourself a new workout shirt!


I hate working out! (hence no biceps) OK, hate is a strong word... I dislike exercising, but I understand the importance of it. And since we have a dance sort of class in our curriculum, I needed some sportswear. I had just the t-shirt for this refashion straight out of my boyfriend's closet. I actually bought this tee for him in Iceland a couple of years ago, but it got really short and wide in the wash and he couldn't wear it anymore. But now it has a second life. And hopefully this one will be a little longer than its first.

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the black piping on sleeve holes & neckline....a great way to recycle something filling up too many drawers in my house. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate sewing binding, so I just opted for a quicker finish. And since jersey doesn't fray, adding just a strip of black jersey from another t-shirt as an extra layer of support to the edges was just the perfect fix.

      I hope you'll make room in those drawers now!

      Delete
  2. Kusjuures sel hetkel, kui lugesin, et see särgik on sportimise jaoks tehtud, siis ma natuke naersin, sest sa pole ju suurem asi sporditüdruk meil, aga siis sa jõudsid juba enda kirjutises ka selleni.
    Järjekordselt üks vinksvonks ettevõtmine! Ei mäletanudki, et sa Islandilt sellise särgi ostsid, aga vaat kui hea tehing. Said lõpuks endale:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sportikkusega on kehvasti, aga vähemasti näen sporti (mitte) tehes hea välja :D.

      Ma valisin seda särki samal ajal kui sina Vahurilegi, seepärast sa ilmselt ei pannudki tähele. Kahju oli teist niisama kappi seisma jätta.

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! Since I am a runner, I have tons and tons of extra t-shirts filling up my closet... I'll have to try and cut it correctly... :)
    And I love the black lining!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home