2013/02/20

DIY: Feather hair accessory


Hello guys! Today I'm sharing one of my latest projects with you - a hair accessory with feathers! It's really summery and fun, and adds playfulness and colour to your hair! It's really easy to make and I hope you'll enjoy it  :)


Be sure to click "read more" below to see the full tutorial!






Things you'll need:
  • Some cool feathers
  • Some spring cord ends
  • Leather string
  • Pearl glue 
  • Hair clip
  • Scissors and jewellery pliers


First step:


Pick out a nice set of feathers and place them on top of each other (shorter and brighter ones on top). Then cut the ends evenly and add some glue right onto the tips.
Press the feathers into the spring cord end and leave it to dry.

Make few more...



Second step:



Take the leather string and cut it to the desired length (I cut it to the length of my hair). Then bind it around the hair clip and make a double knot (but make sure that the clip works normally with the knot, otherwise you can just glue the string onto the hair clip). You can make the knot more secure with a bit of glue.
Make as many knots on the string as you have feather charms.


And finally:


Use pliers to attach feathers to the leather string above the knots.


VoilĂ ! It's ready!! :)

8 comments:

  1. What a crazy cool idea!!! This is inspiring me to wear my hair down more often and is making me can't wait for spring!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also can't wait for summer, then I'll definitely wear it with cool colourful dresses or just pair of shredded jeans and comfy shirt! :D

      Delete
  2. I love also the haircolour ;-))...looks great. I think i am to old to wear things like this. But it looks absolut stylish !
    Greatings
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I'll be sharing my colouring tips on the blog soon. I don't think that you can ever be too old to wear some feathers in your hair! :)

      Delete
    2. hi Elle.... thank you too. sometimes i should be a little bit more courageous to wear things i like ;-))) ..perhaps it would "colour up" a grey panther ;-))... Greatings from Germany !

      Delete
    3. I actually enjoy wearing a lot of black, it makes me feel safe! But colouring up or wearing extravagant accessories makes me feel happier and gives a lot more self-confidence.. :)

      Delete
  3. Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing :) I also love your hair color.. AWESOME!
    I found your blog on HelloCotton.. I am now your newest follower. You can check my blog out and follow me back by clicking here > SewCal Mama
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm huge fan of henna, things turn always out quite well with it and it's also very healthy!
      You have really sweet blog :)
      I hope you'll have a great day too!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home