2013/02/04

Refashionista: Tee into retro dress


Today I have a cute retro refashion to share with you. This was a personal order from an acquaintance. She had a 3/4 sleeve tee that she loved, but hadn't worn for a long time since it was simply a bit too short for comfort. She still wanted to make something from it and decided a dress would be perfect for going to work.


We discussed the design and decided on a high waisted dress. I added a belt from the leftover fabric to cover the waist seam. I weighed using a belt buckle, but at the end the 2 big buttons felt like a better idea. They can be replaced with new ones, or just different ones whenever you feel like it. I love how they add a retro feel to the dress.



I love how this turned out! Refashion projects are my favorites. Well, new projects await me this weekend. It's going to be a creative week!

8 comments:

  1. Wow how cute!! This is pretty enough to rival any Modcloth dress! =)

    Ergo-Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma ei olnud kahjuks see "tuttav", kes selle kleidi endale sai. Väga ilus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kuule, aga kui sa juba Tallinnas oled, siis võiksid ju tulla mõni õhtu/nädalavahetus minu juurde õmblema. Saaksid ehk endale ka miskit uut ja põnevat kappi. Vot see oleks üks tore päev!

      Delete
  3. This is lovely, and now of course I want to comb my closet for a top I might do the same to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful recycling idea! I have a too many garments I can't seem to part with - but there they sit (or hang) even though I've not worn them in years....Maybe it's the fabric (not the style) of some old frock or skirt I won't give up...So by adding a new top or bottom, you've found a super solution. New life to old stuff - perfect for Spring which is on its way in the Southern U.S.A. Thanks for sharing!! Your posts always give me a boost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're talking about, I'm the worts at parting with clothes I don't wear anymore. It always seems I might want it back someday. Refashioning has really been the perfect solution for me. I get to keep my clothes and turn them into something I'd wear on and on.
      I'm so envious of you having spring already. It's still miles away over here.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home