2013/02/18

Refashionista: Pearls & sequins embellished shoulders



Restyling a sweater can be as simple as adding some pearls and sequins on the shoulder creating a whole new feel. The idea came to when browsing Pinterest and seeing all those statement shoulders with lots of bling. And the process is so simple, all you need is some pearls, sequins, a needle and thread and time.




I love all that jazz! I only wish I had more patience to create an even more dramatic shoulder. The beading took a little bit more time than I'm used to spending hand-beading, but I'm loving the end result. There a few more easier techniques you could use to create this effect, but that's another post.

14 comments:

  1. Hi - I love this refashion. I hope you don't mind but I posted it with a link back to you on our Facebook page at RefashionCoop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all. It's great that you're spreading the inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Hand-beading does require a lot of patience, but I think this refashion doesn't need to be more dramatic--it's gorgeous just like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzie! I guess more dramatic might have been too much for this romantic sweater with the puff sleeves.

      Delete
  3. I love this! I am totally going to try this on a boring plain shirt, thanks for the idea!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it would work fab on a shirt. Happy creating!

      Delete
  4. it looks fantastic, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Wendy! And thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I just couldn't help getting distracted your awesome earrings, and great idea. Thanks for sharing ^_^ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The earrings are also my own creation. Thanks for noticing! :)

      Delete
  6. Very pretty! Any tips for sewing the items on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, I would just recommend making sure you make a secure knot at the beginning and the end of the thread.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home