2013/02/12

DIY Knitted Bow Brooch


As you might already know, I love bows. I mean, what's there not to love. They are cute, simple and a beautiful embellishment. As I was knitting my removable bow headbands, I had some bows leftover. So, I thought I'd turn them into brooches.


The process is rather simple and quick. It's a perfect first project for anyone interested in learning how to knit. It has all the basic stitches in it, it's not too complicated and doesn't take hours do finish. Instant gratification guaranteed!


Knitted Bow

Skill level: Beginner
Supplies: 4 mm double pointed needles, a little bit of yarn (suitable for 4mm needles). You can vary the needle size and yarn thickness to obtain a smaller or chunkier bow.

Pattern 
Cast on 15 stitches, and work in seed stitch:
1 row: knit 1, *purl 1, knit 1*, repeat from * across
2 row: repeat first row
Knit in the same way for 22 rows, then bind off all stitches.

Wind some yarn to the center of the bow, halfway through attach a brooch pin to the back, then continue winding until the center of the bow is as you like.

Finished!


My bow is currently attached to one of my hats. It so pretty and cute! Happy knitting, my friends!

10 comments:

  1. I think I need one of these for my black wool overcoat, they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it'll look adorable! Have fun knitting!

      Delete
  2. This is too sweet. What a nice thing to create. Can't wait to try this out!

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice little project to carry around in your purse and create while you have a break during the day. Just to add a little creativity to each and every day ;).

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! I can knit but prefer to crochet as it's quicker so a little project like this is perfect for me. I can't wait to have a go. Thanks for sharing :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could also be made as a crochet project if you prefer it. Then again, always good to use those knitting muscles every once in a while :).

      Delete
  4. Simple yet so pretty! I would like to try one for my little girl's sweater. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that would look so adorable! Happy knitting!

      Delete
  5. I just Made this and attached it to a headband ! So cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it looks super cute, Carey! Could you send a picture of it to hanna@pearlsandscissors.com. I'd love to see how it turned up!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home