2013/02/01

January Favorites on Pearls & Scissors

January has come and gone, and we're slowly but steadily moving towards spring. I'm so excited for spring this year! It's my second favorite season, because it leads up to summer and sun. The winter cold is starting to get me down. I hope the first month of this year didn't set the tone for the rest of the year, because it was not really that good for me. Non the less, I do love some of the creative projects I did in January. Here are some of my favorites:



The wardrobe reinvention is still my favorite series on Pearls & Scissors. It's helped me so much to evolve my style and make it more playful. You can check out all the wardrobe reinvention posts here, the little black dress post here, and the jersey skirt posts here and here.


The chocolate box upcycling project was my favorite craft project form January. I'm so glad I have a neat way to organize my earrings, and have a better overview of my jewelry.


We did a big photoshoot with two girlfriends at the beginning of January. It was a fun day with the girls, and a way to learn some new photoshop skills. Better photography skills was one of my New Year's goals. It was also a fun style challenge, because we created outfits that consisted entirely of thrifted items. My favorite set was this one, and I'll post some more pics in the coming weeks.


I didn't do a lot of refashioning posts this month due to being sick for so long in the first half of the month. It really wore me down, and I had to gather new energy and inspiration to get creative again. I love this refashion using shirring to transform the waistline of a simple button-up shirt.


The most important thing for me this January was our 10th anniversary. My life would not be this wonderful without him in it.

How was January for you? Did you have a good start to your year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home