2013/03/06

DIY Crochet Rose Earrings

 


Today I have a special DIY project to share. It's my first ever crochet pattern and tutorial! Crochet is not my very favorite craft, but it's one of those crafts that I enjoy doing from time to time. I had this idea of crochet earrings in my mind and I new I wanted to give it a try. So, I developed my own pattern, and I think the outcome is pretty cute, if I do say so myself.


And I think this tutorial is fitting after Elle's inspiration post yesterday. Spring really is al about flowers, so why not wear some flowers in your ears.

Be sure to click "read more" below to see the tutorial!





You'll need some cotton crochet yarn and a needle to match the size of the yarn.

PART 1

The pattern explanations are given below:


You'll need to crochet two flowers. To make it easier, the base of the rose is crocheted in a forwards-backwards manner, not in a circle.

1.row: crochet 30 cs
2.row: 1sc, *1hdc 1dc 1hdc into next cs, 1sc into next cs* repeat 5 times; *1hdc 2dc 1hdc into next cs, 1sc into next cs* repeat 5 times, cast off

PART 2


The next part is easy:
1. You'll need superglue, two crochet or felt circles, your crochet roses, two earrings studs.
2. Roll the crochet rose into a bun creating a flower. Start rolling from the side where the 2.row of the pattern starts, so opposite the end :), so that the smaller petals are inwards and the larger petals remain on the outer circle.
3. Glue the felt or crochet circle onto the back of the rose.
4. Attach the earring stud to the back of the rose with glue. Let dry.
5. Glue a pearl or a rhinestone in the middle of the rose if you'd like.

Happy making!

As always, leave your comments and questions below!

Get exclusive DIY content delivered to your inbox!


27 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I've never seen a visual pattern like that before but it was really helpful.

    chickaddiesnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These visual patterns are very common in Estonian craftbooks, and I find them so much more usufel than a written instruction. Once you know what type of stitch each sign represents, it's so much easier to follow the visual pattern than it is to read the instructions. And, it's understandable in all languages!

      Delete
  2. Perfect tutorial !!... This roses are really beautiful. I think they will be very comfortable, because they are softly and light. I swear , i will check this out ;-) Greatings !! An Geli Ka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure yours will turn out just as cute! Happy creating :)

      Delete
  3. I like the earrings! They are pretty. I do not crochet, but my Mama does, I am going to show her this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good to have someone, who knows the crafts you don't :).

      Delete
  4. These are just the cutest little earrings! I can't wait to make a pair in every color of crochet cotton that I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy creating, Carrie! I hope you'll have a rainbow of earrings at the end.

      Delete
  5. These are adorable, definitely going to try out your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! If you have any questions or problems with the instructions, let me know!

      Delete
  6. Hola.
    Están muy lindos los aretes y el gráfico esta genial.
    Saludos desde Chile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! (Thank you, Google translate :P)

      Delete
  7. These earrings are adorable.i crochet earrings and i like ur idea.easy and helpful tuturial.thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These earrings are adorable.i crochet earrings and i like ur idea.easy and helpful tuturial.thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hanna,

    What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of rose crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/rose-crafts/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! Thanks so much for the mention! All such cute projects, so I shared it on FB as well. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  10. hanna these lil cute studs r sooo beautiful enjyd making it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful earrings.. Looks lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I made it with a metallic thread in light gold colour. Grazie! Ciao! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Hanna, can u please tell me where i get loose studs? i want to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hanna, your earrings are really lovely! They look like terrific on you! Thanks for sharing this great tutorial!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Hanna, I really love your crocheted rose earrings. I have included it on a roundup on my blog. Thanks for sharing your patterns for free. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhea! So glad you like them! And thank you for sharing them with your readers :) I hope they like it, too.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home