2013/03/15

Inspiration: Dress in progress, part 2

Today I worked on my dress again a bit, and I wanted to share my process with you in case you'd like to join in and make yourself a dress as well.
The main things are: 
  • a simple and ordinary blouse pattern, that's not too tight, because you need to be able to put it on and take it off easily (I found my pattern from an old Burda magazine)
  • slightly puffy sleeves (I haven't found the pattern yet, but puffy sleaves are also easier to make than normal ones)
  • circle skirt
  • a rubber band that is sewed inside the dress, where the skirt and upper part come together.


I decided to change the pattern a bit. I made the neckline wider and gave the piece a lower back.


So far, I have all my pieces cut, altered, and the bodice sewn. Good job I'd say for a days work! Tomorrow I'll need to join the bodice and the skirt and take care of all the edges. Can't wait to finish this one!




2 comments:

  1. Rubber band? do you mean elastic? Will the skirt be gathered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, elastic band! The skirt will be gathered a bit too :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home