2013/03/14

Thrifted Glamour


I'm more and more convinced that you can get everything you need from a thrift shop or from your friends and acquaintances. There's really no need to shop retail! This outfit illustrates this idea perfectly. Everything Im wearing on the pictures is either thrifted or hand-me-downs. Elle showed you her thrifted basics, now it's time for glamour.


I got the evening dress from one of my favorite thrift stores, and it cost me about 5€. I altered it slightly by adding some length and a sparkling belt. The fur coat is a hand-me-down that was given to my Mom  by one of her friends, who I think got it from someone else. So it's been passed down several times. Now, I know fur is a delicate subject in the fashion industry, and a lot of people don't wear fur on principle. Though I wouldn't buy a fur coat myself, I can't just leave this beauty laying in the closet collecting dust, now can I?


We shot these pictures in front of an old manor. I think the scenery is just perfect for this look. Don't you agree? And I have to say, putting on a stunning dress, a pair of heels, and some red lipstick does make a girl feel special.



4 comments:

  1. Milline naine! Hanna, sa oled tõeliselt ilus ja see on hämmastav, milliseid komplekte saab kokku kompunnida, ilma et sa peaks aega ja rohkelt raha raiskama Stockis või Kaupsis või jumalteab kus veel.
    Ja need punased huuled...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kärdu, paned mind hommikul vara punastama.. Aitäh! Võib-olla see ongi nii, et kes oskab otsida see leiab ilusaid asju igalt poolt. Mõni ei leia isegi Kaupsist midagi sobivat.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! You look fabulous!! Great photos for a great look....I thought maybe you had a concert coming up until I read the pix captions. I totally agree with the thrifting way of life and for "clothes-horse" girls, it's the only way to go! I just wish I had a big party to attend while wearing my own dressy black second-hand gown (a Dior cut - more flattering than a sheath for my pear-shape!) and, yes, along with my own black fur jacket EXACTLY like yours :) Obviously I don't get to wear that coat much since it's going up to 70 degrees F today :( Sorry but I'm not ready for spring. Thx - Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you for the kind words! I actually do have a concert coming up, several to be exact, and I have a dress in progress for those occasions. I'll share some project update pics tomorrow.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home