2013/03/04

Refashionista: Lace collar blouse


I've said it before and I'll can say it again today - the simplest refashions are the best! It's instant gratification, maximum impact with minimum time. And, it just shows how the simplest change can be enough to transform a piece of clothing.


This time I used a pre-made lace collar to spruce up a 90's style blouse my Mom got me from a thrift store. It was a little bit plain for my taste at first, and a little too 90's perhaps, but after I added the collar, it has a completely new feel to it, and I'm totally loving it.


It took me only 15 minutes to hand-stitch the collar to the blouse. I pinned it first to make stitching easier, and to make sure the ends of the two halves of the collar meet nicely in the middle.



I have a feeling this blouse is going to become my new favorite. It feels so absolutely "me"!

10 comments:

  1. Such a great idea. I wish I'd thought of this - but so glad you've passed on the inspiration. Looking forward to doing this soon!

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's the simplest solutions that we don't think of. This blouse sat in my closet for a couple of years, before inspirations finally struck :).

      Delete
  2. Love this simple refashion! Those are the best :) Where did you get the collar from? I need one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the collar from a nearby fabric shop. I think most fabric stores sell them in the notions section.

      Delete
  3. Mul on ka üks sarnane tegu pooleli, aga no sinu oma on lihtsalt võrratu! Ei imesta, et see lemmikuks võib saada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aitäh! Algselt mõtlesin krae õmmelda, aga ei leidnud kuidagi oma varudest seda õiget kangast ja lõpuks tundus see pits ikka õigem.

      Delete
  4. Great idea! I love how the collar complements the print in the blouse. Such a feminine refashion!
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! feminine and romantic was just what I was going for :)

      Delete
  5. I love it! It's so beautiful and suits you really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! I guess this one turned out just perfect!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home