2012/08/30

Adventures in Business: Almost there!

I can't believe my Etsy shop relaunch is just a few days away. I still have like a million and one things to do, but I'm getting excited. Opening up shop is just as scary as it was the first time around. Will people like my creations? Will they want to buy them? Are they willing to pay that price? And there's the photography, listing descriptions, SEO, the sort of new About page and other small things that can make or break a sale.


On Tuesday I made packaging. I wanted it to be pretty, but still as eco-friendly as possible. I'm sure I'll play around with different ideas some more, but I'm rather fond of the solution I came up with.


You might have guessed it, although you may not believe it (I've just always wanted to say that). Yes, I'm going to be selling vintage button earrings, as well as collar necklaces and reclaimed leather and upcycled jersey accessories. I'm going to share the whole process from the box of vintage earrings I got from a local reuse center to the washing, sorting and making of the earrings next week. But, for now, the above picture gives you just a little sneak peek at what will be in store.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Well done! I really admire people who can make something that other people will want to buy!

    Great packaging too! Look forward to seeing what other goodies you have in your shop

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope I don't have to disappoint you. I do what I love and hopefully that will be enough.

    By the way, good luck following your new blogging manifesto!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home