2012/08/01

Wardrobe Reinvention: Switching styles

Do you know the feeling of opening your closet door, staring blankly at your clothes for 5 minutes and then shutting the doors again? Do you know the sensation when you're in a hurry and you find yourself panicking about what to wear?
There comes a time in every woman's life when she is tired of her wardrobe and is looking for some change. You could go out and buy some new clothes and every now and then that is a necessity. But, there is another way you could spice up your style without spending money you don't have. Reinvent your style by mixing and matching your existing garments into completely new and exciting outfits. I think we're all guilty of falling into the habit of putting together the same outfits over and over again. I know I am! Well, it's time for some creativity and adventurous spirit. I'm starting a new blog series called "Wardrobe reinvention". Take on this journey with me, and I guarantee you won't be sorry!


Today's post is all about switching styles by changing as little as possible. I created two outfits using a newly refashioned skirt (tutorial to come soon). The changes are subtle, but they completely transform the feel of the outfit.




Blouse: H&M / Skirt: refashioned / Belt: thrifted / Earrings and bracelet: made by me (tutorials to come)

I used a newly refashiond skirt as the centerpiece of both outfits. At first, the skirt looks more formal, classy, even festive. So, I styled the first outfit in a rather formal and very classy style. Perfect for the office or a lunch date. It's simple, but looks very put-together. Accessories are the key to transforming and outfit from ordinary to extraordinary - add some bling to grade up or remove it for a more casual look.

Tank top: made by me / Sneakers: store bought with customized laces
But, a formal skirt can be tuned down into a very casual outfit. Sweet but comfy - perfect for a summer day out on town. The style of the two outfits is completely different, yet all I did was change the top and shoes, and remove the jewelry. Like I said, less bling=less formal.

What about you? Are you tired of your wardrobe? Could you see yourself switching styles with your formal wears? Tell me in the comments below. I'd love to read your thought!

P.S! The gorgeous girl on the pictures in my personal supermodel Marianne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home