2012/08/15

Wardrobe Reinvention: Me in my comfort zone and shoes

Jeans - Vavell / Tank top - thrifted / Denim shirt - no idea, it's ancient / Necklace - made by me 

This is me on an ordinary day. This is me in my comfort zone. Simple outfit, simple accessories, simple sandals. For me, summer mostly means days spent in comfy clothes, no make-up and random hair. In the summer I'm super boring. I guess that's one of the reasons I started the wardrobe reinvention project. To make an effort, even during the summer.

One of the ways I could make a small effort is with shoes.

Flats - thrifted

I tried flats. They're navy blue which is always a plus, and they match this outfit well (maybe even too well?). They're still comfy, but they do add a little something something.

Heels - vintage, from my Grandma

But then, I went completely out of my comfort zone and put on THE Heels. Actually, they are very comfortable given their hight. And I felt great! They gave this simple outfit a completely new feel. I actually felt stylish, even with my old favorite jeans and a denim shirt that dates back to my elementary school days. I'm not sure I'm ready to go out on town in these just yet, but I'm definitely going to do it real soon. They are awesome and deserve it.


4 comments:

  1. Hanna - those shoes are a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I am so jealous that you got those handed down to you by your grandmother. If you don't wear them I will :)

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore them on town a few days ago, and the bad news is, they rub like hell. I had blisters all over the place. It made me so sad, because I adore these heels. I'm still going to wear them again, but I have to prepare my feet with bandages or something first.

      Delete
  2. Hey Hanna,

    I just dicovered your blog via Sheri from Confessions of a Refashionista :) I have to say: I love your blog and what you're doing. Especially your refashions, DIYs and your wardrobe reinvention! I think I totally have to do this to clean my closed. Then I have to put the pics on the closed door and everytime I am not sure what to wear I'll have a look on the pics ;)
    I also just wanted to say that I love your inherited shoes (I am a 70s-platform-shoes-lover) although I feel the same kind of uncertainty of wearing them in everyday live. I am sorry for the blisters? I think it's always the same with that kind stiff wooden heels :( I hope you could have managed it he other day.

    Greets from Germany
    Nina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nina, welcome! It's nice to have you here :)
      I love those shoes, though I had to leave them in Estonia for now. But, I'm sure I'll wear them again one day, blisters or not. Their just that awesome!

      Hope to see you back here soon!
      xo. Hanna

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home